- VEGF-D, a member of the VEGF/PDGF family of structurally related proteins, is a potent angiogenic cytokine. It promotes endothelial cell growth, promotes lymphangiogesis, and can also affect vascular permeability. VEGF-D is highly expressed in the lung, heart, small intestine and fetal lung, and at lower levels in the skeletal muscle, colon, and pancreas. It forms cell surfaced-associated non-covalent disulfide linked homodimers, and can bind and activate both VEGFR-2 (flk1) and VEGFR-3 (flt4) receptors. During embryogenesis, VEGF-D may play a role in the formation of the venous and lymphatic vascular systems. It also participates in the growth and maintenance of differentiated lymphatic endothelium in adults. Both VEGF-C and VEGF-D are over-expressed in certain cancers, and the resulting elevated levels of VEGF-C or VEGF-D tend to correlate with increased lymphatic metastasis. Recombinant human VEGF-D is a 13.1 kDa non-disulfide linked homodimeric protein consisting of two 117 amino acid polypeptide chains. Due to glycosylation the protein migrates as a 20.0-22.0 kDa band under non-reducing condition.
- Product Overview
- Human FIGF expressed in 293 cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0394-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0394-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- 293 cells
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyophilized from a protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.