- The bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) are a family of secreted signaling molecules that can induce ectopic bone growth. Many BMPs are part of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF- b) superfamily. BMPs were originally identified by an ability of demineralized bone extract to induce endochondral osteogenesis in vivo in an extraskeletal site. Based on its expression early in embryogenesis, the BMP encoded by this gene has a proposed role in early development. In addition, the fact that this BMP is closely related to BMP-5 and BMP-7 has lead to speculation of possible bone inductive activity. The DNA sequence encoding the human BMP-2 signal peptide and propeptide (1~282 amino acid) fused to the human BMP-7 mature chain (293~431 amino acid) was expressed in a Chinese hamster ovary cell line. The mature recombinant BMP-7 generated by the proteolytic removal of the signal peptide and propetide contains 139 amino acid residues. The glycosylation of BMP-7 increases the molecular mass and the glycosylated proteins migrate as 25 ~ 40 kDa in SDS-PAGE under non-reducing conditions. N-TERMINAL---Human BMP-2 (Met 1-Arg 282) Human BMP-7 (Ser 293-Arg 431)---C-TERMINAL.
- Product Overview
- Human BMP7 expressed in CHO cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0534-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0534-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- CHO cells
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Measured in an alkaline phosphatase activity assay using MC3T3-E1 cells. The ED50 for this effect is < 100 ng/ml.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized fro m a from a concentrated (1 mg/ml), sterile protein solution containing 1% sucrose, 1.2% mannitol, 20 mM glycine, and 0.005% tween 20 (pH 4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water to a concentration of 0.01 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.