- Amphiregulin (AREG) belongs to the EGF family of cytokines that contain 10 proteins such as EGF, TGF-b, HB-EGF, and the various heregulins. These cytokines are synthesized as transmembrane precursors and are categorized by the presence of one or several EGF structural units in their extracellular domain. The soluble forms of these cytokines are released by proteolytic cleavage. Initially, Amphiregulin (AREG) was isolated from the conditioned media of a PMA treated MCF 7 human breast carcinoma cell line. Multiple forms of native AR containing either 78 or 84 amino acid residues and both N and O-linked oligosaccharides have been found. Amphiregulin (AREG) mRNA expression can be identified in several carcinoma cell lines and the epithelial cells of numerous human tissues such as colon, stomach, breast, ovary, kidney, etc. Recombinant human Amphiregulin (AREG) produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 98 amino acids and a molecular mass of 11.3 KDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human AREG expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0321-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0321-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- rHu AREG is fully biologically active when compared to standards. Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of mouse Balb/c 3T3 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 5-10 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated protein solution (1 mg/ml) in 1xPBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized rHu AREG should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be further diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu AREG should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, we recommend the addition of a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.