- AIF-1 is expressed in macrophages and neutrophils. The expression of AIF-1 transcripts is upregulated by IFN-g in rat macrophages. AIF-1 is expressed selectively in human macrophage- like cell lines, and in a subset of CD68(+) macrophages in the interstitial and perivascular spaces of human heart allografts. In quiescent cultured human vascular smooth muscle cells synthesis of AIF-1 is induced by IFN-g, IL-1b, and conditioned medium of T-cells. Overexpression of AIF-1 in human VSMCs results in enhanced growth of these cells. AIF-1 is expressed during apoptosis rat mammary gland and ventral prostate tissues. Allograft Inflammatory Factor 1 is expressed by several tumor-associated activated macrophages and microglial cells in rat and human gliomas. There is an evident relationship of AIF1-expressing activated macrophages and microglial cells with tumor malignancy in humans. Human AIF-1 protein shares 98% homology/identity with that of rat. Recombinant human AIF-1 contains a total of 155 amino acids and has a molecular Mass of 17.7 kDa. The human AIF-1 is fused to a 9 amino acid long N-terminal His tag.
- Product Overview
- Human AIF1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0322-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0322-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile filtered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml p rotein solution in 20 mM Tris buffer and 50 mM NaCl (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized rHu AIF-1 should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be further diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu AIF-1 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, we recommend the addition of a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.