- Adiponectin, also referred to as Acrp30, AdipoQ and GBP-28, is a recently discovered 244 amino acid protein, the product of the apM1 gene, which is physiologically active and specifically and highly expressed in adipose cells (adipokine). The protein belongs to the soluble defence collagen superfamily; it has a collagen-like domain structurally homologous with collagen VIII and X and complement factor C1q-like globular domain. Adiponectin forms homotrimers, which are the building blocks for higher order complexes found circulating in serum. The human Adiponectin is expressed in E. coli as a recombinant 26.4 kDa protein with an N-terminal His-tag containing 230 amino acid residues of the human Adiponectin and 12 additional amino acid residues including the His-tag.
- Product Overview
- Human ADIPOQ expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0498-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0498-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Sterile-f iltered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml solution in 0.02 M Tris-buffer (pH 7.5), 0.15M NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. For reconstitution, add 0.2 ml of 0.1 M acetate-buffer (pH 4) and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. For conversion into a higher pH value, we recommend intensive dilution by the relevant buffer to a concentration of 10 μg/ml. In higher concentrations, the solubility of this antigen is limited. This solution can then be stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu Acrp30 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.