- Established from the thoracic aorta of a DB1X embryonic rat in 1976; cells were described to display properties characteristic of smooth muscle cells.The cells produce spontaneous action potentials at the stationary phase of the growth cycle and exhibit an increase in activity of the enzymes myokinase and creatine phosphokinase.
- Rattus norvegicus, rat
- Culture Properties
- aorta, thoracic/medial layer
- Quality Control
- Mycoplasma: negative in DAPI, microbiological culture, RNA hybridization, PCR assays
Viruses: ELISA: reverse transcriptase positive; PCR: SMRV -
- Storage and Shipping
- Frozen with 70% medium, 20% FBS, 10% DMSO at about 3 x 10^6 cells/ampoule; ship in dry ice; store in liquid nitrogen
- This cell line is a suitable transfection host.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.